Welcome to the Dazzling Town of Duck in Outer Banks NC - Real Estate News
February 1, 2016 Real Estate News
Where to Stay When Visiting Duck NC on the Outer BanksLooking for an enchanting way to escape the bright lights and busy streets of the big city? Enjoy a family-friendly vacation at any of the Duck Outer Banks NC homes for sale. Unlike other vacation spots, Duck does not have any fancy hotels, resorts, or campgrounds where you and your family can go to during your stay. Instead, Outer Banks is filled with dozens of vacation rentals homes and small inns that allow you to get a taste of the small-town charm and scenic views when you live in this beautiful community. Rentals homes in Duck get filled up pretty fast, thanks to the beauty of Mother Nature that surrounds the entire community. Wherever you’re staying, you’ll always be just a few minutes away from miles-long of pristine beaches, sparkling blue sea, the Currituck Sound, the Currituck National Wildlife Refuge where you can spot the famed Corolla Wild Horses grazing the dunes, and more. The small town of Duck NC is also filled with plenty of activities that you and your family can enjoy. Go swimming, kayaking, surfing, kiteboarding, stand up paddleboarding, or more water sports. There are also a lot of dining options to choose from, such as four star dining while overlooking the Currituck Sound or heading to the docks for tropical drinks on any of the local restaurants while enjoying front row seats to a majestic waterfront sunset. If you and your family have picked Duck as your next vacation destination, make sure to book a reservation in advance. If possible, check rental companies who allow guests to book a year in advance so you wouldn’t have to worry about where to stay and you get to enjoy your Duck getaway. You can also inquire with the rental company regarding any policies that they have about making annual reservations for the OBX NC homes for sale that you want to stay in. You can find some of the coziest or grandest OBX NC homes for sale when you head to Duck. So no matter what type of beach property you and your family need – a charming 2 bedroom home away from the shops and the sea or a grand 6 bedroom oceanfront estate with plenty of deck space – you’re sure to find the vacation rental home you’re looking for. You and your family can also choose from vacation rental homes that offer various amenities that you need, such as: private pools, theater rooms, hot tubs, pet-friendly home, game rooms, multi-level deck, and more. In fact, if you have long been dreaming about owning a beach property, why not purchase one of the available homes for sale on the Outer Banks NC? Instead of renting, you’ll be able to own and customize your vacation home. There are also plenty of lots for sale in the area which you can buy to build your dream beach home. Whether you want to simply buy a home in the gorgeous Duck NC community or invest in a beach property and earn from hundreds of thousands of vacation rental income, feel free to check available properties for sale by visiting http://OBXLifestyles.com. Your dream vacation property awaits you! Call your Outer Banks REALTOR®, Morgan Mason, at (252) 564-9774 today.
Important Things to Know: Beach Rules and Regulations for Duck NCWith a picturesque landscape and plenty of opportunities for fun recreational activities, guests and residents of vacation rental homes for sale on the Outer Banks will definitely enjoy this family-friendly vacation destination. This thriving coastal community has become a must-visit for tourists looking to ride the perfect waves, spend quiet alone time at a beach that isn’t filled with crowds, or enjoy a waterfront sunset while having drinks from a restaurant with a view. There are so many things one can do while staying at Duck NC but as with any ideal destination, there are certain rules and regulations to follow. Check these out below:
- Use walkways and designated beach access to get to and from the any of the beaches.
- All safety precautions and advisories that are issued by lifeguards are for your safety. Swim near a lifeguard and don’t hesitate to ask them about rip current information or report if you’ve spotted any turtle nests or stranded sea creatures.
- Make sure to monitor and refill all beach holes to help avoid any injuries.
- Pets are welcome in any of the beaches but owners need to pick up after them.
- Bonfires, beach fires, and fireworks are strictly prohibited.
- The maximum size for tents is 12 ft. by 12 ft. and must be placed at least 10 ft. away from each other. Tents cannot be tied together as this can easily block the view and quick access of lifeguards on duty.
- Dunes offer a first line of defense against wave action so help protect these by not driving, climbing, digging, walking, jumping, sliding, or rappelling off them.
- All personal items such as tents, blankets, kid’s toys, umbrellas, chairs, and more should be removed by 5:00 P.M. or they will be forcibly removed as litter.
- Residents and guests of OBX NC homes for sale are not allowed to land or launch any personal watercrafts on Duck’s ocean beach. These may be used in the Currituck Sound, and at least 900 ft. away from shore, between 9:00 A.M and 6:00 P.M.
- Between May 1 and September 30, vehicles are NOT permitted on the beach. As for the other months, these vehicles can use designated private vehicular access.
- Red flags are the community’s warning system. When a red flag is up, do not go in the water.
- Access to the beach is limited only to Duck NC residents, renters, and their guests. There is no public street parking nor is there a public parking area at any of the beach access points. Confirm with your rental company or homeowner’s association for beach access service.
Top 12 Things You Can Do While in Duck on the Outer Banks NCThinking of a fun adventurous trip to the dazzling town of Duck NC? Escape the pavement and the harmful glare of all the city lights and head to any of the Duck Outer Banks NC homes for sale which you can rent for a fun week-long beach home vacation. Things to Do in Duck NC Duck NC has garnered a reputation of being one of Outer Banks’ best vacation spots. It has been featured regularly on lists upon lists of Best Beaches in the country, one of which is the best beach directory of Travel Channel. Partly due to the limited development in town, the community of Duck has been able to preserve its majestic surroundings while offering a host of activities that its residents and tourists can enjoy. From swimming to surfing to shopping and more, make the most out of your Duck NC vacation by enjoying any or all of these activities with your family and friends:
- Take a picnic blanket and enjoy the soundside sunset at the Duck Town Park and Boardwalk, an 11-acre park located right at the heart of Duck.
- Learn all about the flora and fauna species that you can find in the Maritime Forest at Duck Town Park and Boardwalk.
- Stroll with your dog at any of the pristine beaches.
- Rent a kayak or take a guided kayak tour of the sound.
- Spend your afternoons filled with surfing, kiteboarding, and paddleboarding lessons.
- Rent a jet ski with family and friends and cruise the Currituck Sound before heading back to your OBX NC home for sale rental.
- Shop at any of the chic local boutiques in town. Find fun gift items, gorgeous clothes, and more. Head to Scarborough Lane Shoppes, The Farmer Daughter’s Store, Beach Treasures, and the Tar Heel Trading Co.
- Visit the local art galleries and check out the thriving art scene in the area. Both Corolla and Duck offer art galleries for your enjoyment like the Gallery Row, Hatteras Island galleries, and more.
- Create a sumptuous homemade meal out of fresh vegetables and organic food items at any of the gourmet markets in the area.
- Enjoy delicious dining options at The Blue Point, Sunset Grille and Raw Bar, Roadside Bar & Grill, Red Sky Cafe, Coastal Cantina, and more.
- Enjoy a waterfront sunset while having your favorite drinks and cocktails on any of the bars and restaurants overlooking the sound.
- Attend the 4th of July Parade or the Duck Jazz Festival in October, a non-ticketed, free event that provides good food, live music, and more.